Greenville Firemen responded to the Bond County Landfill on Willard Street, Sunday night at 6:30, to a report of a fire. According to the fire report, firemen found a fire in a trash pile covered by a tarp. The cause of the fire is suspected to be spontaneous combustion. The tarp was a total loss with an estimated value of $2,200.00. Firemen used water and foam to extinguish the fire. They were on the scene for about an hour and fifteen minutes.
Greenville Firemen were dispatched Sunday afternoon at about 3:00 p.m. to a report of a combine fire in a field on Dudleyville Road. Upon arrival, firemen found the owner, Leroy Klienen, had extinguished the fire, in the combine's engine area. Firemen cooled down the engine compartment to prevent re-ignition. The combine, valued at $60,000, sustained an estimated $4,000.00 damage. No injuries were reported. Firemen were on the scene for about 20 minutes.
EDWARDSVILLE MAN CHARGED WITH ARMED ROBBERY
Nicholas U. Craine, age 19, of Edwardsville, was charged recently with alleged armed robbery. Madison County Sheriff's Officers took Craine into custody at his residence after he allegedly took an I-Pod from the victim, allegedly threatening him with a knife. Craine was held at the Madison County Jail with bail set at $100,000.00.