12-23-2009

fgl

HOUSE FIRE SOUTH OF GREENVILLE

 

Highland-Pierron Firemen were called out at 2:30 a.m. Tuesday to a small fire in a house on Tri-Avenue South of Greenville.    The fire was caused by a candle that wasn't put out before the residents went to sleep.  The damage was confined to the bathroom counter top where the candle was sitting.  Highland-Pierron Assistant Fire Chief Steve Plocher reminds you to please put your candles out before going to bed, especially this time of year when more candles are traditionally used. 


n2

FOOD POISONING DURING THE HOLIDAYS

 

Everyone is looking forward to having a great time and lots of good food at holiday parties, but holiday foods must be handled safely. Foods made with meat, poultry or dairy products can be especially risky for food poisoning. Here are some tips for safely serving food. Use chafing dishes, roasters, or slow cookers to keep hot foods hot. Cold dishes may be kept on ice or in insulated containers. Another way to keep perishable foods safe is to put out small platters or bowls. Do not leave perishable foods out at room temperature for people to nibble on for more than two hours. That is an invitation for food poisoning-bacteria to grow. If perishable food is left out for more than two hours, it should be discarded.

OPCCGR


ACCIDENT WITH INJURIES ON MILLERSBURG ROAD

 

Bond County Sheriff's Deputies responded Monday night at 11:20 to an accident with injuries on Millersburg Road.  According to the accident report, Angela M. Butler, age 16, of Pocahontas, was southbound on Millersburg Road about ¼ mile north of Reymond Avenue when she allegedly looked down at her cell phone.  Her car ran off the right side of the road, striking the embankment.  Her 2001 Volkswagon then became airborne, struck a utility pole on the passenger side and came to rest on its top.  Butler and a male passenger were taken to Greenville Regional Hospital for treatment of injuries.


HISTORICAL SOCIETY CELEBRATES 10TH ANNIVERSARY OF MUSEUM

 

The Bond County Historical Society is hosting an open house Sunday, December 27, from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Hoiles-Davis Museum.  Refreshments will be served and historical society members will present brief programs.  Vintage toys will also be on display.  For more information, call 664-1581.

daily2

OBITUARIES

JEFFREY M. HOILES (note change from yesterday's Daily)

 

Jeffrey M. Hoiles, age 67, of Greenville, passed away Saturday, December 19 at Frankfort Regional Hospital.  Funeral services for 67 year-old Jeffrey Hoiles will be Wednesday, at 3:00 p.m. at the Donnell-Wiegand Funeral Home in Greenville.  Friends may call Wednesday, from 1:00 p.m. until service time at the funeral home.  Memorials are suggested to the Greenville First Presbyterian Church.


THE WGEL HAYRIDE.......COUNTRY CLASSICS EACH WEDNESDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHT FROM 7 UNTIL 10PM........REQUEST LINES OPEN..... CALL 618-664-3300.....


Do you subscribe to the WGEL Daily? If not sign up now for free daily News!

- WGEL Daily Sign Up -
Email
First Name
Last Name

Wgel.com | Community Calendar | Daily Archive